Frequently Asked Questions

We primarily treat water damage, provide mould removal & restoration, fire damage refurbishment, asbestos abatement, content manipulation, structural drying, trauma scene clean-up, and environmental assessment and restoration.
We primarily operate in the greater Calgary area and surrounding communities.

Start by switching off the main water valve. Unplug any electronics and turn off the power as well.

Yes. If the flooding reaches any electronics and power sockets this can increase the risk of you being electrocuted. Do not go into the water, even if the power has been shut off.

Depending on the category of the water clain, mould can start to grow within 48 hours if the property is not dried correctly.

If you have dried the carpet correctly, and mould has not developed then you will not need to replace your carpets. However, if it has not been dried and mould starts to develop, it is advised that you replace your carpets as soon as possible.
No. Specific structural drying equipment is required to dry the concrete slab under your residence.

Yes. Mould becomes airborne instantly. Some moulds can cause people to sneeze and suffer discomfort, whilst other toxic moulds can cause health issues such as:

    • Respiratory illness or asthma
    • Irritated eyes
    • Chronic coughing
    • Headaches/migraines
    • Rashes
    • Tiredness
    • Sinus problems

If left unattended it has the potential to develop mould.

It is strongly recommended to optomize the resoration process that you and your family move out.  All furniture needs to be removed so that we can thoroughly dry the entire property and eradicate mould infestations.

It depends on the degree of damage done, and how quickly you’re able to start the disaster restoration process.
That depends on your specific insurance policy.

No. Unless your insurance policy states otherwise. However insurance company’s preferred-vendors have competent technicians and use industry certified contractors.

Not if the house has not been restored. Lingering soot from a fire can be highly dangerous to you and your family. You run the risk of mould, spores and other potentially dangerous contagions being present. Even though you may not be able to see smoke and soot, it can still be lingering and cause severe respiratory problems.

Yes, with the new content remediation technology, content can be restored to its original condition. New research involving hydroxyl technology sanitizes content on site.

That decision should be made by the insured in consultation with the adjustor and contractor.

Our technicians use an industry standard 4-step system:

  1. HEPA vacuuming all affected surfaces and content
  2. wiping down all surfaces with a dry chemical sponge
  3. wipe these surfaces with a disinfectant detergent
  4. finish with another HEPA vacuuming

Yes. We have safe storage facilities for our clients to use.

Yes. We will take every precaution to ensure only those individuals who need to be there will enter the premises.

We use dehumidifiers and air-movers.

We use a moisture meters, thermal imaging cameras and hygrometers.

We use an anti-microbial environmentally friendly product.

Not all contractors are fully equipped and qualified to complete the restoration work required. It’s best to use a High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuum that forces air through a very fine mesh that catches any harmful particles like mould. We also use our anti-microbial cleaning products over the affected areas.

Not all contractors are fully equipped and qualified to complete the restoration work required. It’s best to ask to see their qualifications. Look them up yourself, or get them to show you their qualifications. They should be qualified in water damage repair, mould removal & restoration, and fire damage refurbishment. Ensure they walk you through the restoration process step by step to ensure you’re informed and understand exactly what it is they are doing.


I would like to take the opportunity to express my sincere appreciation for your prompt and professional response to our office area flood last week. From the moment you arrived on site, it was clear to me that we were in very good hands. The tradesmen on the job were professional in their dealings with me and our staff. They demonstrated patience and understanding as they worked with us, and efficiency and skill as they attended to their work. The high quality restoration of our space in so short a time was very impressive. A grateful administrator.