Water Damage Timeline
A. Within Minutes
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
B. Hours 1 – 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
C. 48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mould and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mould.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
D. More Than 1 Week
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mould growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Water and flood damage can be truly devastating to your property and take a massive emotional and financial toll on you and your family. The last thing you want to be worrying about is how you’re going to remove the water and fix any damage that has been caused by the flooding. Our expert technicians at Alberta Fire and Flood are available 24 hours 7 days a week to ensure that you have peace of mind at all times of the day, no matter what home disaster you are faced with.
We are highly trained and certified in water damage, water extraction, wet carpet resolution and structural drying of all building components such as plasterboard, timber frames, concrete, carpet, brickwork and all internal contents such as cupboards, furniture and basically anything that is wet.